Mobile Deposit is a new feature of our mobile banking app that allows users to deposit checks into their CCFCU accounts using the camera on their phone.
This feature is available for the iPhone and many Android phones.**
- 24/7 Convenience - Deposit checks anytime-anywhere*
- Safe and Secure - Fully encrypted image transmission
- Save Time - Save yourself a trip to our office
How to Make a Deposit
Log into our Mobile App on your phone and deposit a check in just a few easy steps!
- Choose destination account
- Enter amount of check
- Endorse the check (see example)
- Take photos of the signed check (front & back)
- Tap “Deposit Check” button
Items submitted are reviewed for accuracy before posting to your account.
- Please check the status of your deposit on the mobile app "deposit" tab.
- Keep your check for 60 days after it has posted to your account.
- Securely destroy the check 60 days after it has posted to your account.
- Review our FAQ page for tips on how to best use Mobile Deposit
Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
*Mobile Deposits have a 3 business day hold once posted to your account. Mobile Deposit limits are 10 items per month or a total of $5,000, whichever comes first, with a daily limit of 5 items and $2,000.
**Mobile Deposit for iPhone requires iOS 6.0 or better and iPhone 4 or better.
** Mobile Deposit for Android requires version 4.0 or higher of the Android operating system and have a 5 mega pixel, auto focus camera.